I had some free time last night so I came up with this little list in my quest to let some of you in on who I am a bit more. Now, I will NEVER tell you everything, but I always think it’s good to let people in once in a while, to give you a glimpse on how this Boho Hobbit ticks…Enjoy and feel free to do this yourself!
1. I am left-handed.
2. My name was originally supposed to be Brigid. But the Catholic Nuns changed my birth certificate to represent the Christian version, Bridget (I was born in a Catholic hospital). My mom says it was just a simple misunderstanding, but I think it was something bigger.
3. My Mom calls me Bird and Bridie. The rest of my family calls me Bridge. My dearest friends call me Bee.
4. I am partially deaf in my left ear. I found this out about 5 years ago during an audio test. It’s one of the reasons why I talk so loud.
5. I have my own online store that is federally regulated. It is called The Spiral Willow, Inc. It sells mostly metaphysical and spiritual items, as well as online Oracle and Tarot readings by yours truly.
6. As many soulmates that I have in this world, including my best friend, sister and husband, I have two kindred souls that I have been blessed with in my life. Kindred Souls are beings who are part of your spiritual circle in the heavenly realms that usually come down during your lifetime to help you with your journey, or you are helping them. These two souls that are truly mirror images of me, and my bond with them is as solid as pure gold. They are my son, Timmy, and my Godson/Nephew, Brandon.
7. I dream about some form of water almost every night.
8. Dark Celtic, Gothic, Renaissance and New Age music is the only music that truly soothes my soul.
9. I believe my Heaven is going to look like Hobbiton of The Shire.
10. I am currently obsessed with Indian food.
11. I feel my happiest when I am dressing up for Celtic and Renaissance Festivals.
12. As an Herbalist and a Celtic Shaman, I continuously educate myself on Alternative forms of healing, and am proficient in Aromatherapy, Herbology, and I’ve become rather awesome in making teas, tinctures, oils, salves and lotions to help someone feel better.
13. I have several sacred spaces throughout my house. We utilize each one almost every day.
14. I suffer from the following silent diseases: Hashimoto’s Disease, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). The symptoms I face on a daily basis are restlessness, anxiety, insomnia, claustrophobia, severe migraines, chronic muscle and joint pain, and occasional depression. It can be hurtful when people make assumptions about me, and there is nothing I can really do, because I don’t PHYSICALLY show my diseases. The people that know me best always tell me they can actually see the pain I might be having at the moment by looking into my eyes.
15. My cubicle at works looks like an urban jungle. I have 6 plants and a small tree housed there. I get a LOT of visitors during the day.
16. I can get happily lost when playing Lord of the Rings Online.
17. I would get actually depressed when PBS wasn’t showing their weekly Saturday Night Britcoms that I went out and bought a couple series worth of shows in case we need something to watch Saturday nights when they aren’t running.
18. Scott and I are seriously considering moving to Scotland, Ireland or Florida when we retire. This is not a fleeting thought. We are seriously considering it.
19. May and November are my two favorite months out of the year. May because life is blooming and the joy I feel with all the smells and sights. November because everything has passed on and there is an eerie stillness to the Earth that is incredibly comforting to me.
20. I prefer the beach during the off season rather during the summer months.